I am happy to present to you, "The Saga." After almost one year of work, I’m relieved that this body of work has finally come to fruition. Making this album was a journey – and I am so thankful for the knowledge received in the process. Since I was a young boy, it has been my dream to fully pursue my passion for music. And here it is.
A “saga” is said to be a long, detailed, series of stories. This album is an autobiography of my life – beginning from the moment I started playing the drums (at just a few months old) to now, where my instrumental repertoire consists of a myriad of instruments. Throughout my life, I've been blessed to have many mentors who have taught me to play a variety of instruments. For that, I am very thankful.
The songs on this album have all been written by me; they are the result of hard work and meditation. These songs honestly describe my life from birth to this very moment. For example,
the tracks "Sharynwood Drive" and "Madeira" are both named after streets in Baton Rouge, Louisiana where I grew up. I lived on Sharynwood Drive for many years. To date, my grandmother still lives on Madeira Drive. Those are my two of my happy places and I wrote exactly what I felt in my heart. This goes for every single song on the album.
• Patrick Arthur - Electric Guitar (tracks 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7), Acoustic Guitar (track 8)
• Curtis Olawumi - Flugelhorn (track 8)
• Danny Wytanis - Trombone (track 8)
• Grace Sommer - Cello (track 8)
• Julius Rodriguez - Organ (track 1)
• Roland Guerin - Electric Bass (track 8)
• Paul Johnson - Electric Bass (track 1)
• Brandon Boone - Electric Bass (tracks 3 & 4) & Upright Bass (tracks 5, 6, 7)
• Risa Pearl - Vocals (tracks 6 & 7)
• Allana Hudson - Spoken Word (track 2)
• Dashill Smith - Rap (track 2)
• Recording & Mixing - Morgan Guerin at Morgan Guerin Studios
• Producer - Morgan Guerin
• Mastering - Marlon Patton at Oak Avenue Recording
• Cover Art - Catherine Mayer
• Album Design - Brianna Williams, Morgan Guerin, and Chase Guerin
Here we go:::
I descend from the Cloudy sky grids...
Wipe away the smog with my retina shield wipers: OH my eyelids.
See the planet is full of suprises. Temperature, sea level and blood pressure rises.
Like the death toll, Blood spatter, and the people scatter, bullets shatter matter where the Black Lives live...
Let the sound activate, so we can vaccinate the virus. Spread by gestapo in disguises.
Most folks listen to music with their Iris. That kinda explains the fame of Miley Cyrus.
But they should try this, highness. Buy this flyness. Funk inebriate to alleviate the dryness.
Leave the intellectuals mindless.
Hit em in their spines with something that's timeless like Grandmother's fried fish, or Stevie Wonder's "I Wish."
Take an Electrified risk, you're in petrified bliss, and you can't define this;
Rhyme fluid, conduit, that's congruent like Equal is to IS.
Or parallel with the lines of latitude. Mind yo attitude, It's time for gratitude. Yeah that'll do...